In 2005, after I was 10, a child from my neighborhood was carrying a fallen tree trunk that was crossing our creek and was screaming, " I'd higher see this on YouTube! "
It was the primary time I knew YouTube. And that is actually not the final time I hear about it. YouTube has skilled explosive development because it was based in in a storage in 2005 . Solely a yr after its creation, it attracted over 65,000 new uploads and 100 million views per day . A number of months later, the high-growth start-up was acquired for greater than a billion dollars by a titan of the knowledge expertise trade – Google
Since then, YouTube has opened up new alternatives for manufacturers to promote their movies and permit content material creators to make a dwelling just by making movies. This monetization potential has impressed content material creators to create essentially the most compelling movies attainable and host them on the platform, which has made YouTube the second-most visited Web page and the second search engine of the world. world .
As a video advertising and marketing specialist, you already know the way essential it’s to strengthen your YouTube presence to extend the visibility of your movies and model. However if you happen to've simply began your model's YouTube channel, or need assistance persuade your boss to double your efforts on YouTube, we're right here for you.
Try these 51 statistics on the cellular use of the platform, its demographics, development in its variety of subscribers, its basic utilization and its historical past, which might help you develop your sequel on YouTube or persuade your boss to focus your efforts extra on the video platform. ]
51 YouTube statistics that each video purchaser ought to know in 2019
What’s the most watched video on YouTube?
2. " Despacito " by Luis Fonsi with Daddy Yankee is essentially the most watched video on YouTube. It obtained greater than 5.96 billion views in simply over two years.
YouTube Cellular Statistics
four. On cellular gadgets alone, YouTube reaches extra adults aged 18 to 49 in prime time than any cable community over of a median week .
5. 75% of adults report watching YouTube on their cellular gadgets.
6. Greater than 70% of YouTube viewing time is generated from cellular gadgets.
7. YouTube cellular adverts are 84% extra prone to maintain consideration than tv adverts.
eight. Over 50,000 years of product analysis movies had been seen on cellular gadgets within the final two years.
9. In 2018, YouTube was the most well-liked IOS software .
YouTube Demographic Statistics
10. Greater than 90% of US Web customers aged 18 to 44 watch movies on YouTube.
11. Greater than American Web customers aged 75 and over watch movies on YouTube.
12. Greater than 50% of YouTube's viewers is feminine .
13. 59% of the Era Z (16-24 years) elevated their use of YouTube since final yr.
14. 46% of millennials (25-34 years) have elevated their use of YouTube since final yr.
15. 70% of thousand-year-old YouTube customers watched a video on YouTube to learn to create one thing new or to be taught extra about one thing that them.
16. 15.eight% of YouTube customers are from america.
17. YouTube attracts essentially the most guests from america, India, Japan, Russia, and China.
18. YouTube is obtainable in additional than 91 nations .
19. YouTube is offered in in 80 totally different languages .
YouTube Subscriber Development Statistics
20. The variety of channels with a couple of million subscribers has elevated by greater than 75% since 2017 .
21. The variety of YouTubers who earn six figures per yr has elevated by by greater than 40% since 2017 .
22. The variety of YouTubers who earn 5 digits per yr has elevated by by greater than 50% since 2017 .
23. The primary ten YouTubers recorded a 42% improve of their revenues in 2018 in comparison with 2017.
25. The preferred YouTube channel below the model is LEGO, which has greater than 7.1 million subscribers and has been seen greater than eight, 7 billion occasions.
Statistics on using YouTube
26. YouTube is the second largest search engine on the earth .
27. YouTube is the second most trafficked web site behind Google.
28. YouTube customers collectively monitor 46,000 years of content material annually .
29. 68% of YouTube customers watched a video to assist them make a purchase order choice.
30. 80% of YouTube customers who watched a video to assist them decide to purchase stated they’d seen it in the beginning of the acquisition course of.
31. 95% of the most well-liked movies on YouTube are music movies.
32. 47% of streaming music on demand was streamed on YouTube.
33. There are twice as many small and medium-sized companies promoting on YouTube since 2016.
34. 4 occasions extra folks want to look at movies on YouTube than on social media platforms.
35. YouTube customers day by day watch greater than 180 million hours of content material on tv screens.
36. YouTube customers are thrice extra prone to want watching a YouTube video tutorial than studying the product directions.
37. "Stress-free" and "entertaining" are the 2 fundamental explanation why viewers watch YouTube .
38. Leisure movies reminiscent of cleaning soap cups and dust studying skilled a 70% improve in standby time in 2018 .
39. Comedy, music, leisure / popular culture and "how you can do" are the 4 hottest content material classes on YouTube .
YouTube Historical past Statistics
40. "YouTube.com" was activated on February 14, 2005 .
41. "Moi au zoo" was the primary video posted on YouTube on April 25, 2005.
42. Google purchased YouTube for $ 1.65 billion on October 9, 2006.
43. YouTube launched the InVideo adverts in December 2007.
44. YouTube broadcast the presidential debates of america for the primary time in 2012.
45. The youngest YouTuber is Ryan ToysReview a 7 yr previous boy who earns $ 11 million a yr and has 18.2 million subscribers.
46. The rise in reputation of "Gangnam Model" broke the counter of views of the video .
47. YouTube supplies free house in Los Angeles the place YouTube of over 10,000 subscribers can be taught, join, and create movies with one another.
48. YouTube's first video was seen as 1,000,000 folks was a 2005 Nike business that includes soccer star Ronaldinho.
49. The YouTube video that obtained essentially the most views in 24 hours is the music video "Thank U, Subsequent" by Ariana Grande which attracted 55.four thousands and thousands of views in sooner or later.
50. Probably the most beloved video on on YouTube is the music video of the tune "Despacito" by Luis Fonsi with Daddy Yankee. He obtained greater than 31.96 million "likes" and has a hit fee of 89.25%.
51. The YouTube video of YouTube Rewind 2018 is essentially the most hated video of the platform . He has obtained over 16 million dislikes and has a depreciation proportion of 86.53%.